Thursday, August 07, 2008

OK OK OK, I know it's been a while....

Evan and I have been sooooo busy.

Mondays we go to The Little Gym. Tuesdays are the Splinter Cell Play Group! Wednesdays are playtime with our friends Will and McKenzie. And now it looks like Thursdays Evan will be in school!!! Yes, Evan is going to go to school one day a week for about 3 hours!! If mommy can even handle it. My little buddy is just so busy and growing up so fast. Of course I will everyone posted and publish pictures as soon as I can of him going to school!

Evan's mommy has been busy too. I've been working with a charity called KidsAreHeroes.Org. It's so cool, kids choose a charity and do something for that charity. I was contacted and asked to make some quilts for preemies at Frederick Memorial. Of course I said yes! And I delivered my first set today. I've included some pictures of that too. I will be updating KiraQuilts.com this weekend with more details, so watch for that.
Then of course in 3 weeks we'll be going to the Outer Banks for 2 weeks. So I'll need to start gathering all of Evan's necessities NOW!!! I'm hoping he'll need less stuff than last year.

Evan's daddy is traveling a lot and we miss him when he's gone. So it will be nice to spend 2 weeks relaxing and funning!! OH, update: Chris is not going to Afghanistan in September. They are saying maybe November or next year. We'll see about that too.

Well, let's get to some pictures!!

These pictures are from a few weeks ago at Fountain Rock Park.
This is Evan's friend Will from our LG Splinter Cell playgroup. Now you tell me how cute is this? We were out on this walkway, feeding turtles and I'm not sure who took who's hand. But what does it matter?? All I can say is AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. THANK GOD Angie had her camera and was able to snap these!!!

That same day after this picture we went to the Walkersville Library to see Maisy Mouse....
This picture is here to show Evan's interest in Maisy Mouse....

These two ladies are Spring and Mckenzie!! They are our friends AND they live on the street right behind us!! But BOOOOOOOOO Spring has no blog for me to link to!! (no pressure Spring)



On the way in the library Evan spotted the School Buses....that was all they wrote.... I have video of the bus exploration and that will be posted by the morning.

THENNNNNNNNNNNN, this Tuesday we went Berry Picking...or at least Berry observing.
The look on Evan's face in this picture says it all.
Showing a new friend his empty bucket.....it stayed that way!

Berry Pointing.....

Berry LEAVING!!!!! But it was beautiful....maybe we'll have better luck with Apples!!

Of course there always is some goofing off time!!!



Fox News Alert....Fox News Alert..........


Evan has a


BRAND




NEW




CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




We got a great deal on it and it's low mileage too. There is a little body ding, but we can buff it out. It's perfect for him to just do errands in town!! We are asking that he get a job to pay his own insurance. Although he's not happy that we told him he can't pick up chicks in it!!

I have video of this too...coming in the morning...I'm tired now....




I can't imagine what this child will get for his Birthday or Christmas....he seems to have EVERYTHING already.

And last but NOT least...the quilts I made for charity. They are only about 24" x 24". The 8 year old boy I'm working with is planning on including them with gift baskets he's making for preemies. He too was a preemie weighing only 2 lbs at birth.

Here they are all packaged up and ready to go!!! How cute!!




5 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting all those cute pics. And the quilts are great! I must say you are very busy... Love ya, Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me?! How cute are those pics of them holding hands! I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So where are these said videos you spoke of???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your efforts in helping John with the quilts. He is so excited and proud to have them. Look for an article about him in Thursday's (Aug. 13) FNP - Slice of Life section. He will also be present at Kids are Heroes Day at the FSK Mall on September 6th.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry - Thursday is the 14th - not 13th. And Evan is a very handsome boy by the way. My daughter MaryMargaret is 9 and we were recently going through a bunch of pictures when she was Evan's age. How fun.

    ReplyDelete