Friday, August 29, 2008

Evan walks the streets and sits on the steps of Colonial Williamsburg

The other post was getting really long, so I thought I would start fresh with our evening in Colonial Williamsburg.
Well we got there just in time. There was a Fife & Drum demonstration. We even got to hear the cannon go off and the guns too! All the guys were excited about that!


Here we go..a picture EXTRAVAGANZA!!! There are a lot of them!!!
The Fife and Drum.......it rocked!

Daddy is making sure that Evan is ok with all the bangs and booms!
This is the 1st of many sets of Colonial stairs that Evan would try out!
Oh and the other side....


And yet another set of stairs to try out..


Chris trying to coax Evan along


Chris giving the bench a try.....guess who followed???


Now tell me...how cute is this? Evan and his big brother Chris.



Guys...Guys?? Where are we going?


Let's keep moving guys...I have more stairs to sit on, this is no time to dilly dally!!!


YES, I mean it when I said he took a tour of every set of stairs Colonial Williamsburg had to offer!



Colonial Kitty!!! I just couldn't resist.



And who would pass up a chance to do some hard time in the stocks...AHHH Capital Punishment!!! Take note of my son trying to break mommy out!! Way to go Evan!

Looks like he succeeded!!! I'm free!Evan is getting a time out! How about that smile? Can you beat it? no you can't.

Don't think we were finished with those steps just yet!! He would sit down on them and just pose. I wasn't quick enough to get them all.



I really love this one...he had such a great time. There is no motor vehicle traffic in Colonial Williamsburg, so it greatly reduced the danger of letting Evan be curious and explore his surroundings.
Nothing was off limits!!


Chris was a huge help in herding Evan in the right direction!



Evan turned the lights out in town!! What a fantastic day and just the beginning of our vacation.

Later we had some BBQ from Pierce's and I enjoyed a glass of Chardonnay from the Williamsburg Winery while I uploaded all of these pictures! WHEW!

Well, tomorrow morning we leave for the OBX. We'll be taking a ferry and then driving on to Corolla, NC. I will of course be taking more pictures and hopefully making a post tomorrow evening.

3 comments:

  1. This is funny. It's like Evan needed to take a bunch of breaks as if you guys really wore him out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys are having a blast and Evan is being such a good boy with his sleeping and naps :) I LOVE all the stairs pictures... he cracks me up!! Can't wait to see what you guys were up too today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these pictures! your doing a great job keeping up with your boys! love ya

    ReplyDelete